Wednesday, May 7, 2008

second George

George is fun to draw, I think because of the organic forms.
Here are some quick sketches to understand his construction better.

I did this one for getting the proportions right. I think that small mistakes in the construction will cause big mistakes later with the details in the proces. Next try I will scan in an earlier stage.
Another try:

Construction:

Wow allready posting for one year (almost 100 post and scannend almost 200 drawings), I learnend so much by starting this blog and doing the $100,000 Animation Drawing Course.

1 comment:

The Sports Cartoonist said...

I liked drawing, but that cartoon showed me I could draw what was going on in my head. Ren & Stimpy, ground breaking cartoon. Also learned how important simple shapes were when I noticed Stimpys thumb like appearance. Needle, pear shape even hour glass, but never the thumb shape. Great work Mitch, How about a tutorial on the toughest shape in anatomy...looking downward from above a leg from the outside. Besides the shoulder trap chest diamond the outside leg shape has gone carry on many artist.