Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Made me think

Amir's last comment on my previous post made me think. The last year I am really trying to develop my drawing (cartoons) skills, I do think allot about it how I can get better and how good I can get. I hope I can use my principles that I am learning with this blog can apply on my work, as soon as possible. I really wanna work somewhere where I can learn the principles from others, but that is not really realistic for me (I think). Just like a school where I can learn this stuff.

I think if you are a wannabe cartoonist you need to approach it in two ways. 1 learn the principles and 2 experiment with youre own ideas and stuff. I am learning the principles on this blog and I made an other blog where I will try to put 1 doodle/caricature etc. a day. To get a sort of own eye and feel for things.

I did a new drawing of slabnernie. It's really not on model but I tried to experiment a bit, be a bit more loose. Uhm I think this kinda drawings belong on my other blog... Nah, I will use my other blog for own sketches and stuff.


2 comments:

Anthony P. Rizzo said...

Hey Mitch! Nice work here. Ernie and Slab are coming right along. Remember, its all just ovals and S-curves! I'm also doing John's tutorials. Check me out if you can some time.

http://www.anthonyrizzo.com

Keep up the good work! Discipline! One Drawing a day...

-Rizzo

Anonymous said...

Awesome Slab drawings, Mitch! These are some of your most cartoony drawings yet.