Friday, July 23, 2010

storyboard course lesson #1


Im doing a 10 week course from Sherm Cohen. Known from making storyboards for Ren and Stimpy, Hey Arnlod, Spongebob and many more. You really should check out his blog if you didn't do that before, it's really awesome. It's a real honor to be in this course and Im trying to learn as much as possible. These drawings are from week 1. It was about what to show and not so much about drawing a final storyboard.

After this I got feedback from Sherm and wanted to do something with it. So I made this version. Still a bit rough but more finished then the first one, there are still things I want to change about (at the end I want to make a new version of this one and want to make it better). But everything in small steps. Besides that I want to learn how to draw more appealing in photoshop, I still don't like how my drawings/doodles turn out in photoshop compared with my pencil drawings.


At the moment Im practising drawing the characters. These are just a few and are gonna post some more soon. It's a really good way for me to learn how to draw poses. There's still something I don't like about my poses, especially from the alien. But I can't nail it what is bothering me about them.

No comments: